VERVE CUSTOMER TERMS & CONDITIONS & HOUSE RULES
Thank you for choosing Verve Vacation Rentals. We want you to enjoy your stay on the Mornington Peninsula. Please read the following Terms & Conditions very carefully and call our office if you have any queries.
These Terms and Conditions govern an agreement between Verve Vacation Rentals, the client/tenant, and the owner of the property. A reference to Verve Vacation Rentals includes a reference to the owner as applicable.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Tariffs are subject to change without notice. Please check for inclusions.
- All bookings are subject to an approval process. We DO NOT ACCEPT SCHOOLIES OR BOOKINGS FOR ANY PARTIES OR WEDDINGS.
- The guest who is named in the reservation, remains the lead contact person for communication with Verve Vacation Rentals.
- The lead contact person must supply a full name, postal address and telephone contact details to Verve Vacation Rentals as well as the names and ages of all guests staying at the property for the booked dates.
- Any changes to a booking may incur an administration fee of up to $110 in addition to any cancellation fees.
- Verve Vacation Rentals is able to assist guests with accommodation and other bookings including Verve Concierge products/services, activities, tours, etc subject to supplier availability.
- Bookings may be cancelled at the discretion of Verve Vacation Rentals.
- Clients may be given the option to transfer to another property or have their booking cancelled if the property they have booked requires maintenance or is sold by the owner. This cannot be guaranteed.
INSTANT PURCHASE BOOKINGS
- Verve Vacation Rentals offers some of our properties an instant purchase option.
- Verve Vacation Rentals may not accept an instant purchase booking made within 48 hours of arrival.
- It is very important to note that once you have completed your instant purchase booking, a Verve Vacation Rentals consultant will be in contact to discuss all terms & conditions and determine whether the booking will proceed.
- Verve Vacation Rentals reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- If a booking is cancelled by Verve Vacation Rentals, the guest will be refunded all funds excluding any Verve Vacation Rentals and third party fees.
- To secure your booking, a deposit of 50% of the total amount is due immediately.
- Final payment is due 1 month prior to your arrival date or if the booking is inside 1 month of the arrival date, within 24 hours of the booking.
- Full payments must be made using a maximum of 3 transactions with the following forms of payment;
- MasterCard, Visa or American Express- we charge a fee of 1.5% of the total amount charged on your credit card
- Diners Club - we charge a fee of 2.5% of the total amount charged on your credit card.
- EFT - must be received and cleared at least 72 hours prior to your arrival date.
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE FEE
- When your reservation is made, an Accidental Damage Fee is generally included in the tariff, $59, except for Air BNB bookings which are covered by a Security Deposit.
- This fee is non-refundable and protects you from being charged for accidental damage that may occur during your occupancy.
- This cover is for accidental damage only up to the value of $2,000 and anything in excess of this will be payable by you, the guest/tenant. The Damage Protection is offered, administered, and funded by Verve Vacation Rentals and we are solely authorised to determine the nature of the cover.
- You remain responsible for any non-accidental damage, repair, or replacement expenses. We may hold your credit card to deduct these charges.
- Damage Protection does not cover damage or loss that is not disclosed, you must notify us if you do any damage, accidental or not. To avoid erroneous blame, you are required to immediately notify our team if anything is amiss when you arrive at the home. Prior to, or immediately upon vacating the home, you must inform our staff if there have been any incidents of loss or damage that have occurred during your occupancy.
- Damage Protection does not replace or negate your responsibility for all members of your party as a primary guest/tenant. It does not pay for any act of intentional or negligent destruction, pet damage, re-keying, VVR call-outs for guest caused issues such as being locked out of the premises because keys have been locked in the house or other guests have taken the keys, or additional cleaning if the home is left excessively dirty. (there is a minimum call-out fee of $60 for all VVR call-outs)
A cancellation fee is applicable on whole or part cancellation of your accommodation bookings as follows;
- a booking cancelled 121 days or more before the arrival date will incur a cancellation charge of 10% of total rental plus any non-refundable third party fees.
- A booking cancelled between 31 days and 120 days before your arrival date will incur a cancellation charge of 50% of your total rental, pluys any non-refundable third party fees.
- A booking cancelled within 30 days will incur a cancellation fee of 100%, inclusive of any third party booking fees.
Cancellation fees on extras/concierge bookings are dependent on supplier cancellation policies.
ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES
- Our standard check-in is 4pm and checkout is by 10am sharp unless otherwise agreed with Verve Vacation Rentals. These times are subject to change up until your arrival date.
- Keys are to be collected and dropped off by mutual arrangement with Verve Vacation Rentals.
- Prior to your departure, please refer to your DEPARTURE CHECKLIST. You must ensure the property is secure including locking all windows and doors and returning the keys to the key lock safe.
- If you check-out later that the agreed time you will be charged $44 per hour.
- You must report to us immediately on your arrival (or as soon as you become aware of, but not upon departure) any damage or breakages to the Property, its fixtures, fittings or contents and any other unsatisfactory matter or incident at the Property. Please call 03 9866 4922.
- Please also advise if you need any changes to the entertainment systems, televisions, pool or spa settings and we will endeavour to arrange for these with the Property Manager. Please do not make any changes yourself as this may damage the equipment (which may incur a cost to you).
VERVE HOUSE RULES
Guests must comply with the Booking Terms and Conditions including these House Rules. Failure to comply may result in extra charges or immediate removal from the property.
- The property is to be used for holiday rental purposes only. Our properties are not function centres/venues. Under NO circumstances is any property to be used for weddings, functions, schoolies groups or the hosting of any parties, celebrations or gatherings of any sort. Penalty fee of $5,000 will apply and immediate eviction will be imposed.
- Each property is designed to accommodate a maximum number of guests. Written permission must be given PRIOR to your arrival for any excess guests. A fee of $100 per guest per night applies if you breach this condition.
- Guests are not permitted to host visitors (persons other than Guests) at the Property without our prior written consent.
- Verve Vacation Rentals is not responsible if the chosen accommodation does not "meet" the guest expectation. Please view the property on our website prior to your arrival and call Verve Vacation Rentals if you have any queries.
- All properties are maintained to an excellent standard. Verve Vacation Rentals is not responsible for any failure of utilities, essential services or appliances. Please contact Verve Vacation Rentals immediately and every attempt will be made to contact the appropriate authorities and arrange repairs. However immediate repair may be beyond our control.
- Non-urgent call outs, deemed by Verve Vacation Rentals, will incur a call-out fee of up to $150.
- Strictly no tents or caravans are allowed on or around the Property.
- Smoking is NOT permitted inside the Property. There is a $1,000 penalty if there is evidence of smoking inside the Property. Smoking is permitted outside the property however all cigarette butts must be disposed of in the rubbish bin. Charges will apply if cigarette butts are found on the property grounds.
DAMAGES & BREAKAGES
You become financially responsible for any and all damage and loss to the property and its contents from the date and time you check-in to the date and time you check-out. Our team will complete a check-out inventory and inspection after you vacate the premises. Should they find the home excessively dirty or that items are missing or damaged, the cost of additional cleaning hours and/or the cost of repair or replacement of property will be charged to you, except for an accidental damage or loss which is covered by the Accidental Damage Protection Fee paid at the time of the booking.
You will receive an invoice for any non-accidental damage to the property, which you are required to pay within 7 days. Verve Vacation Rentals reserves the right to charge your credit card for any non-accidental damage.
You must report to us immediately on your arrival (or as soon as you become aware of, but not upon departure) any damage or breakages to the Property, its fixtures, fittings or contents and any other unsatisfactory matter or incident at the Property. Please call 03 9866 4922.
Also, please advise if you need to make any changes to the entertainment systems, televisions, pool or spa settings and we will endeavour to arrange for these with the Property Manager. Please do not make any changes yourself as this may damage the equipment (which may incur a cost to you).
Any market umbrellas provided with the Property should be left closed whilst not in use to avoid damage.
The fee payable for lost keys is $100 plus locksmith's fees which will be charged directly to you.
Any breach of the above conditions permits Verve Vacation Rentals, without prejudice to its other rights, and that of the owner, to refuse a key, amend the rental or immediately terminate the tenancy.
Guests must comply with parking regulations and show consideration to neighbours and other vehicles. Guests must not exceed the number of car spaces allocated to this property. To check how many cars are permitted at this property please refer to the property description on the website.
NOISE & RESIDENTIAL AMENITY
Guests must not create noise which is offensive to occupiers of neighbouring properties especially between 10pm and 9am, during arrival and departure, or at any time throughout the occupancy.
Offensive noise is prohibited and may result in termination of permission to occupy the Property, eviction, loss of rental paid and extra charges for security and other expenses which may be deducted from your security bond.
Guests must not engage in anti-social behaviour and must minimise their impact upon the residential amenity of neighbours and local community.
Please note swimming or spa use is not allowed between 10pm and 9am due to noise restrictions.
Please ensure water levels are maintained for pools and spas at all times (to at least halfway up the skimmer box) by filling the pool with the hose provided.
Low water levels whether caused by evaporation or otherwise can cause damage.
No glassware is permitted in the pool.
Spas must be turned off when you depart or returned to its correct setting.
Verve Vacation Rentals is not responsible for the security of your belongings.
It is your responsibility to ensure the property is left secure at all times and after departure. Whenever you are absent from the property, please close all windows and doors to maintain security and prevent rain and water damage. Please close gates upon departure.
The property will be professionally cleaned prior to your arrival. We ask that you leave the property in a neat and tidy condition prior to your departure time including removing all rubbish from the property, cleaning the BBQ, washing and storing all dishes, etc and removing all food items from the fridge and pantry.
Any excess cleaning costs may be charged to you.
The BBQ should be left clean upon your departure. Two gas bottles have been provided for your convenience. However, if you run out of gas during the course of your stay, please have the bottle/s refilled or swapped at the local hardware or petrol station and present us with the receipt and we will reimburse you.
We supply linen for your convenience. All linen is to be used for its intended purpose only. Linen must not be used for cleaning. If you choose to remove or damage any linen, you will be charged for its replacement.
Some of our properties will accept PETS, subject to written permission PRIOR to your arrival. Pets are NOT allowed at the Property unless we have agreed with you otherwise in writing. There os a $1,000 penalty if pets are brought to the Property without prior permission.
Any damages or extra cleaning will be charged to the client.
Garbage collection days are specified on the "Departure Checklist" provided to you.
Bins must be put out the night before the local collection AND upon your departure. Garbage is collected early Monday in Portsea, Sorrento, Blairgowrie and Rye.
Recycling bins are collected every 2nd Monday (please refer to calendar on the fridge). With the exception during summer where Recycle bins are collected on a weekly basis.
All rubbish must be placed in the bins provided (but bins must not be overflowing). Rubbish must not be left in public or common areas and will not be collected from the roadside if not inside the bin.
Bins left overflowing and any excess garbage or recycling left behind will incur a removal charge of $38.50 per bag/box which will be deducted from your security bond.
We ask that you follow these instructions. The Garbage Collector will not remove rubbish in cartons or plastic bags from the roadside. We ask that you dispose of any excess rubbish upon vacating the property.
If Verve Vacation Rentals needs to remove any rubbish, costs incurred will be deducted from the security bond.
Many houses in this area have septic tanks and therefore you must not flush ANY SANITARY PRODUCTS, DISPOSABLE NAPPIES, ETC. If the toilet and/or the septic becomes blocked and requires pumping, you may be charged.
LIABILITY & INDEMNITY
You, the tenant, indemnify Verve Vacation Rentals against any liability, which may attach to Verve Vacation Rentals as a result of damage, injury or loss being personal or proprietary suffered by any person where damage, injury or loss has been contributed to or caused by any act or occasion of the tenant or his agent.
To the full extent permitted by law neither the owner of the property nor its agents or representatives shall be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss or damage or expense or claim (including without limitation damage to personal property) or for any injury or death whatsoever howsoever caused including by reason of negligence or otherwise (whether directly or indirectly) (“Loss”) suffered or sustained by the tenant or guests or invitees or visitors in the course of the stay and the tenant and guests and invitees and visitors hereby release, discharge and indemnify the owner and its agents and representatives in respect of any Loss.
The tenant indemnifies the owner against any damage or loss howsoever caused (whether directly or indirectly) through any act or omission of the tenant or any guest or any invitee or visitor, including without limitation arising from fire, theft, water damage, or from electrical or gas equipment failure.
1. Your credit card details will be saved in a PCI secure manner. Your credit card details are safe.
2. Your credit card will be used as authorised by you for accommodation charges, concierge charges, damage or loss to the property charges, and only in accordance with the Verve Vacation Rentals Terms & Conditions and any applicable laws and regulations (including the Australian Consumer Law).
3. We will provide you with a valid itemised tax receipt for all charges and at anytime.